Passengers truly lost their cookies. (iStock)
Turbulence can be scary. So much so it could make you lose your lunch — literally.
The Daily Mail reported that a flight from Tunisia to Paris struck severe turbulence just moments after the crew served the in-flight meal, launching trays up and into the aisles.
Thankfully no passengers were injured, despite the brute force of it. They were, however, left hungry since full meals were left turned over on the floor, along with napkins, drinks and cutlery.
- Here's What it Actually Looks Like to Take Off and Land on the World's Shortest Commercial Runway (Video)
- Kate Middleton Shoots Down 'Perfect Princess' Compliment With Four Words
- A New Luxury Hotel Is Opening in the Middle of an Alaskan Glacier
- How to Walk on Ice Without Slipping
- This Is the Most Popular Sneaker of 2018 (So Far)
Passengers on board caught some of the lunch carnage on camera and posted photos on social media. Trays and cups, as wells as both packaged and unpackaged food can be seen strewn on the ground as some passengers try to pick up trash and scattered pieces of their meals.
It is not clear whether passengers were able to get their meals replaced or were able to receive some alternative food service after the turbulence.Tunisair has not commented on the incident, according to the Daily Mail.
According to AirLive, the flight landed safely at Paris Orly at 7:35 p.m. local time.
This article originally appeared in Travel + Leisure.